The 2022 2nd International Conference on Energy Science and Engineering (ICESE 2022) is the professional forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of Energy Science and Engineering. ICESE 2022 will bring together leading engineers and scientists in Energy Science and Engineering from around the world. Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
|Applications of Wind Energy to Power Systems||Applications of Solar Energy to Power Systems|
• Design and application of wind plant output
forecasting systems for incorporation of wind plant forecasts
into day‐ahead, hour ahead, and real time operations tools and
• Design and application of wind plant models for transmission planning studies including interconnection studies, voltage and frequency stability, short circuit current calculations, and control system interactions.
• Design and application of system operating procedures and competitive wholesale electricity market structures applicable to operation of power systems with high levels of variable generation, including consideration for energy storage and demand management.
• Design and application of wind integration study methodology and tools, including generation expansion planning, transmission expansion planning, unit commitment and production costing, reliability planning, and flexibility planning methods and tools.
• Research, development, and application of the next generation of wind turbines and power plants, including incorporation into Automatic Generation Control systems and participation in ancillary service markets; evolving wind plant capabilities and grid code requirements.
• National, regional, and local policy considerations and implications of incorporating large shares of variable generation into electric power systems.
• Industry case studies and use cases describing the planning, permitting, construction, operation, and lessons learned from the installation and operation of large wind power plants.
• Forecasting of solar resource for use in
day‐ahead, hour ahead, and real time operations tools and
planning processes pertaining to the integration of large-scale
solar energy systems into the electric power grid.
• Distribution level integration of solar electric energy systems including model development, interconnection studies, voltage regulation, short circuit current calculations, dynamic stability and control system interactions.
• Transmission level integration of solar electric energy systems including: models for transmission planning studies including interconnection studies, voltage and frequency stability, short circuit current calculations, and control system interactions •
• Transmission-level solar integration study methodology and tools, including generation expansion planning, transmission expansion planning, unit commitment and production costing, reliability planning, and flexibility planning methods and tools.
• Research, development, and application of the next generation of grid-connected photovoltaic inverters, including advanced functionality such as active voltage regulation, low-voltage ride through, power curtailment, and advanced communications.
• Industry case studies and use cases describing the planning, permitting, construction, operation, and lessons learned from the installation and operation of large-scale solar power plants.
|Process Development, Integration and Intensification for Energy and Environmental Technologies||Economic and Environmental Aspects of Renewable Energy Sources|
• Integration of energy and environmental
• Efficient energy and resource utilization
• Reduce the environmental impacts from energy generation and consumption.
• Policy and Economics of Renewable Energy and
• Renewable Energy: Forecasting and Risk Management
• Environmental Impacts of Alternative Energy Sources
• Adoption of Clean Energy and Energy Security
• Economics of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems
|Transformation towards Sustainable Energy and Environment for Circular Economy||Power-Electronics-Enabled Smart Power Distribution Grid|
• Clean technologies
• Green materials
• Alternative energy
• Bioenergy and biofuels
• Sustainable waste treatment and utilization
• Big data for environmental sustainability
• Structural bioinformatics for environmental monitoring and application
• Emerging solid-state technologies for
• Grid integration of grid-forming converters and inverters for active distribution networks or microgrids.
• Distributed control of power electronics for distribution-level applications.
• Improving stability, reliability, and resilience of ac/dc microgrids with high penetration of power electronics-based distributed energy resources.
• Applications of cybersecurity and communication technologies to power-electronics-enabled distribution networks.
• Relevant testbed, proof-of-concept demonstrations, pilot projects, and real-world implementations.
• New business models and economic analysis of power-electronics-enabled distribution networks.
• Innovative education and training activities for promoting power-electronics-enabled power systems to develop an appropriate pipeline of future power engineers.
|Power and Energy Education||Energy Systems Integration|
• Model curricula for future power engineers
• Educational needs for smart grid of the future
• Continuing education and training of power system professionals
• Course concept inventories for power systems
• Teaching sustainable energy systems
• Channeling research funding into the classroom
• Hands on lab experiments for the new generation
• Outreach and career promotion for power engineering
• Multi energy system modelling
• Integrated energy markets
• Combined heat and power
• Electricity water nexus
• Electricity gas coupling
• Planning of integrated energy systems
• Operating integrated energy systems
• Case studies of integrated energy systems
|Electric Machines in Renewable Energy Applications|
• All aspects of the design of electric machines
and power electronics for renewable energy applications
(including novel electromagnetic, power converter, and control
system designs, definitions of design metrics and tradeoffs, and
special design considerations for particular renewable energy
• Modeling, simulation, and analysis of distributed renewable energy systems with advanced electrical machines
• Monitoring, prognostics, diagnostics, and reliability of electromechanical renewable energy systems
• Dynamic interaction effects with the mechanical drivetrain
• Interactions of machine and power electronics with the power grid in renewable energy applications (including technologies for mitigating the impact of variability, inertial response, fault ride-through capability, and mutual interactions/stability issues in small-footprint power systems with various electromechanical distributed energy resources operating in tandem)
• Low-power mechanical-to-electrical energy harvesting systems
• Applications of electric machines for energy storage (e.g., flywheels)